KODIAK Bear Food Performance Carbohydrate is available NOW from Suppkings .
Carbohydrates are the most important energy yielding nutrient for optimizing performance in the gym or on the playing field. Additionally, depletion of carbs stores is involved in determining performance limitations in these sports. Therefore, strategic carb consumption before, during, and after training should be the foremost concern for athletes to maximize muscle glycogen levels prior to the onset of exercise, as well as to provide energy to muscle during exercise and hasten recovery of glycogen after exercise is complete. This is why Kodiak developed Bear Food….the most advanced, fully transparent superfood carbohydrate complex on the market today.
Kodiak Bear Food ﬂoods your body with 49 grams of high quality carbohydrates from 8 different real food sources and 3 biologically engineered supercarbs that digest at different rates (fast, medium, slow) to provide a sustained release of energy in order to fuel optimal performance and replenish muscle glycogen (energy) stores. Glycogen acts as the primary fuel source for activities such as weight lifting, sprinting, and endurance exercise…without sufficient stores fatigue sets in quicker and your exercise session can come to a grinding halt. In fact, research has shown that as little as 30 minutes of exercise can deplete glycogen stores up to 40% while more intense exercise lasting 60-90 minutes can deplete stores considerably more. When carbs, such as those found in Bear Food, are consumed pre, intra or post workout, a super compensation of muscle glycogen stores is possible; ultimately having you prepared to tackle your current and next day training session with full intensity. What’s more, carbohydrates help ensure that hard-worked muscles are not deprived the protein and nutrients they need to recover and repair. Bear Food also includes a potent carb loading complex that contains synergistic ingredients shown by research to improve insulin sensitivity, reduce blood sugar levels and improve glucose uptake into skeletal muscle.
Bear Food allows optimal replenishment of glycogen in your muscle and liver – supporting enhanced performance, rapid ATP production, faster muscle recovery and higher endurance.
Kodiak Bear Food Key Features:
8 real food carbohydrate sources and 3 biologically engineered supercarbs that digest at different rates to provide energy and replenish glycogen stores.
Potent carb loading matrix formulated to increase insulin sensitivity and maximize skeletal muscle glucose uptake.
Fully transparent label – So you know that exact doses of everything you are putting into your body.
13 grams Sweet Potato Powder – A low GI (glycemic index), complex carbohydrate that isn’t as readily stored as fat and is also a rich source of anti-oxidants.
5 grams Cyclic Dextrin – Maintains a slow release of energy, offering the ideal interaction between carbohydrate breakdown and the normal release of free fatty acids. The result: superior carbohydrate absorption and superior endurance.
5 grams ModCarb™– An organic, gluten free combination of oats, amaranth, buckwheat, chia, millet, and quinoa that not only serves as an excellent fiber source but also delivers nutrition-rich complex carbohydrates that help ensure modulated absorption and gradual utilization by the body. As a result, ModCarb™ can help to extend performance and prevent a subsequent “sugar crash”.
10 grams Dextrose – A fats digesting carbohydrate that is absorbed by the body almost immediately; helping to fuel exercise and rapidly replenish glycogen stores.
3 grams Glucose Polymers – Shown by research to delay fatigue and increase performance.
110mg Gymnema Sylvestre – Reduces glucose absorption from the intestine and improves uptake of glucose into cells.
GLYCOGEN LADDER MATRIX
Sweet Potato Powder:
A low GI (glycemic index), complex carbohydrate that aren’t as readily stored as fat and are also a rich source of anti-oxidants.
Dextrose is a simple sugar (carbohydrate) that is quickly absorbed and can help replenish muscle glycogen (energy) stores after exercise.
- Glycogen serve as the main fuel source for exercise such as weight training, running, and sprinting.
- Therefore, it is important to replenish stores after exercise to perform at optimal levels for subsequent sessions.
- One study found dextrose supplementation for 8 weeks improved 2000-meter time trial rowing performance compared to placebo.
A simple carbohydrate that is quickly metabolized and absorbed into the bloodstream, where it impacts blood glucose levels and triggers insulin release.
The unique grain matrix of ModCarb™ delivers nutrition-rich complex carbohydrates that help ensure modulated absorption and gradual utilization by the body. As a result, ModCarb™ can help to extend performance and prevent a subsequent “sugar crash”.
Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin:
Cyclic Dextrin is a clinically studied carbohydrate that is rapidly absorbed and provides fuel (glycogen) to working muscles.
- Cyclic Dextrin is highly soluble and promotes fast gastric emptying times; virtually eliminating any gastric distress often associated with less advanced carbohydrates.
- Cyclic Destrin maintains a slow release, offering the ideal interaction between carbohydrate breakdown and the normal release of free fatty acids. The result: superior carbohydrate absorption and superior endurance.
- In 2013 human clinical trials of Cluster Dextrin, 24 adult male athletes showed that during cycling exercise, the group administered 15 grams of Cluster Dextrin performed better than those who took the same amount of a maltodextrin.
Glucose polymers are short chains of glucose molecules and are considered a complex carbohydrate.
- Glucose Polymers are absorbed quickly through the lumen of the gut and leave the stomach quickly. This helps prevent upset stomach that might be experienced with other carbohydrates.
- Research shows glucose polymers can delay fatigue and increase performance.
CARB LOAD MATRIX
Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf Extract:
Gymnema Sylvestre reduces glucose absorption from the intestine, improves uptake of glucose into cells, and prevent adrenal hormones from stimulating the liver to produce glucose, thereby reducing blood sugar levels.
Yacon Root Powder:
The fructooligosaccharides in yacon mean that the body does not absorb any simple sugars; in fact, it lowers the amount of glucose production in the liver and causes a shift to lower fasting glucose rates.
Banaba Leaf Extract:
Banaba, is a plant whose leaves have been used for anti-diabetic purposes. It contains a variety of molecules such as corosolic acid which may confer benefit to glucose control.
- It can inhibit uptake (digestion and absorption) of carbohydrates to a degree, and can also aid in their deposition into cells from the blood stream (resulting in a reduction in blood sugar).
- A study conducted by Judy et al. (2003) found individuals who supplemented with Banaba leaf extract for 15 days were able to reduce blood glucose by 20-30%.
Contains compounds that act as an insulin mimetic to help reduce blood sugar levels and improve glucose tolerance.
Alpha Lipoic Acid:
Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) is a mitochondrial fatty acid that is highly involved in energy metabolism. It is synthesized in the body and can be consumed through eating meats and minimally in some fruits/vegetables.
- ALA has been shown to keep insulin levels lower and act as a mild appetite suppressant.
- ALA has also been shown to be of benefit against various forms of oxidation and inflammation. These effects carry on to benefits that protect one from heart diseases, liver diseases, diabetes, and neurological decline with age.
- ALA is also a potent anti-oxidant compound. It works with mitochondria and the body’s natural anti-oxidant defenses.
- It is also seen as an anti-aging compound since it can reverse some of the oxidant damage related effects of aging.