Pure Sports Pre V2 Pre Workout powder is a Potent Highly dosed pre workout to deliver and explosive workout some of the key compounds that make up this product are :
Citrulline Malate is a non-essential amino acid that eventually converts to nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is a vasodilator that can help to lower blood pressure and improve blood flow to both organs and muscles.
- Studies have shown that Citrulline Malate enhances exercise tolerance by reducing levels of blood ammonia and lactate that are typically elevated during strenuous exercise.
- This ingredient will allow you to train with less rest in between sets and elevate your endurance capacity.
- A recent research study found individuals who consumed citrulline malate for 15 days were able to increase ATP production during exercise by 34% and improve phospho-creatine resynthesis after exercise by 20%.
Arginine is a semi-essential amino acid and is a chemical precursor to nitric oxide (a blood vessel-widening agent).
- When Arginine enters the body it stimulates nitric oxide pathways. This process vasodilates (enlarges) blood vessels and helps deliver more of the much needed oxygen rich blood and nutrients to working muscles in order to achieve the pump and ultimately muscle growth.
- Arginine also triggers the body to make protein and has been studied for healing wounds, bodybuilding, and preventing tissue degradation in people with critical illnesses.
A 2010 study conducted by Bailey et al., discovered that for 3 days supplemental arginine was able to enhance nitric oxide production and decrease oxygen consumption by 7%, while also improving the amount of time it takes to hit exhaustion by 25% in healthy men.
TrimethylGlycine (Betaine Anhydrous):
Betaine helps to support methylation reactions in the body which include but are not limited to liver detoxification and neurotransmitter production.
- It has been shown to increase energy levels as well as muscle strength and recovery.
- Betaine’s effects on the neurotransmitters can help to increase the effectiveness of the “mind-muscle” connection.
- Betaine works synergistically with Choline (another ingredient found in PURGE PREV2™).
- A study conducted by the University of Connecticut found that individuals supplementing with 1.25 grams of betaine twice/daily increased bench press power by 20%.
Agmapure (Agmatine Sulfate):
Agmatine Sulfate helps improve nutrient partitioning which leads to an increase in muscle glycogen (carbs stored in muscle tissues). This then leads to more water retention within the muscles. This creates a fuller look to the muscles and provides a greater pump while hitting the iron.
- Agmatine Sulfate also increases NO production by working as a competitive inhibitor of the enzyme NO Synthase.
- There are studies to suggest that the nutrient partitioning effects of agmatine sulfate are possibly due to its ability to increase the insulin response to carbohydrates. This could be further explained by the increased blood flow to the muscle that occurs with increased NO production.
- LH and GH levels have been shown to be increased through the effects of Agmatine Sulfate and its possible effects on the hypothalamus.
- Agmatine has also been shown to manipulate pain receptors which may allow you to train past normal pain thresholds.
Taurine, has a myriad of benefits. From helping the body to metabolize fat, improving insulin sensitivity, raising testosterone levels, working as an antioxidant, increasing performance, aiding in quicker recovery during athletic training, and increasing cardiovascular health. It goes without saying that Taurine is a great ingredient to have in your wheelhouse.
Zhang et al., conducted a study in 2004 with individuals who supplemented with taurine for 1 week before an exhaustive exercise. They found it significantly improved time to exhaustion, maximal oxygen capacity (VO2), and maximal workload. It also decreased exercise induced DNA damage.
Ornithine when bound by salt at the molecular level to Orotate (orotic acid) is much more bio-available than in its HCL or free form.
- Ornithine Works in synergy with Arginine in the metabolism of waste caused by intense exercise.
- By increasing Nitric Oxide production and decreasing waste – you are able to train longer and support greater results.
A 2008 study conducted by Sugino et al., discovered supplementation with ornithine was able to reduce perceptions of fatigue by 52%. This placebo effect was done by using a prolonged endurance test, and was able to reduce ammonia accrual during exercise.
L-Tyrosine helps to activate metabolic pathways that produce the hormones epinephrine and norepinephrine – which are typically produced during moments of stress on the body and provide a boost in the terms of a “fight or flight” scenario.
- Epinephrine and norepinephrine are depleted quickly during these moments of stress due to a lack of L-Tyronsine.
- The addition of this amino acid to PURGE PREV2™ will help give you an extra PUSH and can make a big difference to help you FIGHT through your workouts and plateaus.
Hoffman et al., conducted a study in 2010 and results indicate that acute ingestion of supplements including L-tyrosine and anhydrous caffeine, can maintain reaction time, and feelings of focus and alertness to both visual and auditory stimuli, in healthy college students following exhaustive exercise.
Extracted from the roots of sprouted barley, hordenine has an adrenaline-like effect stemming from its ability to release norandrenaline.
- This increases heart rate and blood flow.
- The adrenaline effect is long lasting and does not fade early in your workouts. This will create a boost in athletic performance throughout your entire workout.
- Hordenine may also increase peripheral blood flow volume and have a positive inotropic effect (increases strength of contraction) upon the heart.
WARNING: For use by healthy adults only, not recommended for persons under the age of 18. Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing. Individuals should not consume other caffeinated products in conjunction with this product. Seek advice from a healthcare professional before taking if you have any preexisting medical condition to ensure it is safe to take this product. In case of accidental overdose, contact a poison control center immediately. Avoid alcohol and prescription stimulants while taking this product. Exceeding recommended serving will not improve results and may cause serious adverse health effects. Discontinue use and contact a licensed healthcare professional immediately if you experience an unusually rapid heartbeat, dizziness, severe headache, or shortness of breath. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
* THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION.THESE PRODUCTS ARE NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.